Friday, April 23, 2010

as of late

I have been reading a lot of good material as of late, especially “Against Civilization” which is a collection of essays written by Anarchists. I especially enjoy John Landau’s writing; it is very inspiring and stirs something within.
I am incredibly excited about the way in which followers of Jesus are beginning to read the biblical text as a hole, reading it through the eyes of the oppressed instead of through the eyes of Plato. It is wild, tribal, text that is rooted in liberation, radicalism, and resistance. For so long now it has been used as a weapon or a form of control, opium for the people.
I wrecked my mountain bike really hard last night, nailed a tree and got ripped right off my bike…I think my elbow is dislocated or something, I still cant really sense anything in my fingers. However, other then the wreck I had a great ride. I am really starting to get used to my bike. I rode Barb Wire all the way and I had already climbed Grouse, or whatever it is called without stopping. It is all about rhythm. I have also been getting some good trail run in, I had been super sick for about a week and a half, starting to come out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment