Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday

I got up Sunday morning, brewed some black coffee, opened the windows of my ancient home, and relaxed. I spent some time listening to the breeze and collecting my thoughts. We, as a people, never take time for rest; this is a practice I am adopting.
I loaded Dale, my Australian Shepherd into my station wagon and hit the road. I drove out 3 Locks and parked in the gravel lot, only to be confronted by massive horses and over weight people.
I took some time wondering the parking lot, waiting to see which way these people were heading. Needless to say they were heading the exact same direction as me. I started a few minutes behind them, once I caught them on the trail they refused to let me pass, stating that I would startle their horses. I mouthed off to them, saying something about how I have just as much right to be on the trail as they do, they became angry and mouthed me back. In the midst of our arguing I spotted a side single track trail and thought…what the hell, ill just go on an adventure and see what I can find.
This run ended up being beautiful; it had a ton of climbs and great views from atop the ridges. The valleys of the hills were soaked in water, this made for a fun run. The last 5 miles were on winding single track. I cannot wait for the trees to bloom and I can be swallowed in the canopy of the forest.
The run ended up being around 17 miles. I plan on hitting over 90 this week with a 21 mile trail run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment